Guest posted by tim, The Godless Heathen
Evidentially Rick has either decided to stay on vacation and leave us lunatics in charge of the asylum or he’s talking his time upon vacation reentry.
I bring to you some light (sarcasm alert) reading regarding “What do we do now post election” via the incomparable and always mind twisting American Digest.
I’m not asking anyone to agree with all of it, or any of it for that matter…but merely to indulge and maybe leave a comment there or here concerning it.
I’m posting it because, if nothing else from the election should teach us, it’s time we need to think outside our comfort zone, to question, to consider, to reconsider.
It’s enlightening, intriguing and above all else, fascinating to consider the implications put forth.
This all started by a post of a long 90 min. video by Bill Whittle, who I usually like. Though he lost me when he started going on and on about space flight. Go check it out…skip ahead…stop…whatever. But read the comments.
Things get interesting in the next related post which is of a comment left at the original post by one Mr. Robert Oculus -
LOL. You folks didn't realize how many Young Pioneers we have in this country, did you? Well, you know now. Now that the Party has seized control of the Winter Palace, all the little Bolsheviks can take off their masks and wave high the blood-red banner. (Guess what the word "bolshevik" means in Russian?)
The Revolution is over. With Black Lenin's unimpeachable power (heh), they will now proceed to construct the socialist order.
For what it's worth, folks, any political approach we might take -- even the one outlined in the video -- is pointless.
If the recent election has shown anything it's that ideology isn't going to save us. What's going to save us is Christianity and nationalism. That's not Amurrrican "nationalism", the kind dependent on a piece of ink-stained parchment or an ideology, but real, ethnic nationalism, as in ancestry, language, and culture. And that's not that wishy-washy guidance-counselor ersatz Christianity, but the kind that isn't "nice" -- the kind that Jesus Himself taught and the kind that men like Saint Louis and King Jan Sobieski practiced.
I know many of you think Christianity and nationalism are stupid, but historically the combination is the only force that has ever defeated the twin demons of Islam (Spain, 1492) and communism (Spain, 1936), and it's the only force that will defeat them now. Now, I know some of you think God is a fairy tale, and I know most of you sincerely believe that men of good will united by the Constitution can live in peace, but please believe me when I tell you that you are wrong on both counts. We are in a racial and spiritual war -- and we had better recognize that fact if we wish to survive.
The rest is here. Read the comments.
Now onto yet another comment/post via the last one, by one Sandy Daze:
When this administration was sworn in I was comforting myself with belief that there are laws to prevent the most gross outrages. Then came GM bailout, offshore drilling ban, Obamacare pass by reconciliation. With the 2010 win of the House, I was hopeful that the spending would be slowed or stopped, and that house investigations will at least give the gangsters a pause. That worked out well, too.
They will move faster now because our side is shellshocked and completely underestimate their intentions and tactics. The sky won't fall tomorrow but each day will be a little harder, little darker, little more hopeless. This is not to say we need to give up; just the opposite, but know this, yesterday's rules no longer apply.
1. Obama and his minions will spend the next four years undermining, if not destroying, the potential for another fair election.
2. Obama and his minions will spend the next four years institutionalizing graft, corruption, and cronyism to a point where people will be afraid to cross them. Businesses who either will not, or cannot financially demonstrate their loyalty to the proper officials and party will be taxed and regulated out of existence.
3. Obama and his minions will put in place the policies and conditions by which more of America receive some or all of their income through government handouts, ensuring that people will be forced to vote from fear and envy, rather than ideals.
4. Obama and his minions will solidify their hold on the education system, to make sure that subsequent generations see things through a collectivist lens.
5. The Constitution, US Code, tradition, morality and common sense will be ignored when inconvenient, dissent will be ridiculed or crushed, and the court systems will be packed to ensure that there will be no successful legal challenge. Republican "leadership" will be nothing more than a speedbump initially, and eventually cave completely in order to maintain a place at the table, because that's what really matters to them.
We must stick together and help each other. There will be challenges as never before. Between ourselves and on several on-line forums there are enough brilliant and experienced people from all walks of life to out-think, outwit and find ways to go around lots if not most of what is going to hit us. I would rather spend my mental energies in other ways, but this is a new reality and we better deal with cold facts.
Hope is not a sound basis for planning. Wishful thinking is a certain road to ruin.
The sooner we realize that they are not bound by any law that is inconvenient to them the better we will be able to resist. And resist we must, even if is only reorganizing our lives toward black market. We cannot sacrifice principles to pandering. I agree -- strongly -- with these sentiments from another correspondent who wrote, in part:
... We have to hit bottom FAST.
The rest here. And again, you’ll want to read the comments.
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been 200 years.”
Alexis de Tocqueville