As many of you know, Joe the plumber has become an appendage of the McCain campaign, wailing away at Barack Obama like a kid on a piñata. In fact, since Joe's arrival on the political scene, McCain has seen his poll numbers rise.
Thankfully, the media is investigating this phenom and the more we learn about Joe the plumber, the less credible he's becoming. Discrediting items our friends in the press have revealed thus far include the following tid-bits:
- His membership in a radically racist church for more than 20 years, a membership he's since renounced.
- His friendship with that church's racist pastor, a friendship that inspired Joe to write a book called "The Audacity of Pipe (Cutters)".
- His first home was funded in part by a friend currently under federal indictment for an illegal kickback scheme.
- His girlfriend had a pretty radical history and has only recently revealed her pride in America now that Joe is a celebrity. Sources also reveal that her senior year thesis is racially tinged and rooted in identity politics.
- Persistent rumors detail his relationship with an unrepentant domestic terrorist, a person whose backed up toilet launched Joe's plumbing career.
- He has a 'lost' brother who lives in a shack in West Virginia that lacks indoor plumbing.
- His ties to the fraudulent and scandal ridden Association of Plumbing Organizations for Reform Now (APORN).
- He raised plumbing fees 94 times in the last two years.
This is but a small part of why Joe the plumber should be dismissed out of hand and why John McCain's embrace of the man should disqualify him from being the next President of the United Sates.